When it comes to data security, people are completely at sea as despite their best efforts to secure data from hackers, the best laid plans of mice and men goes kaput within moments as the bad elements are always one step ahead and work out a way to breach the security features.
Computer software is a complex branch of study that cannot be understood by the common man so easily and they can only guess as to what is the solution to the problem of hackers.
You may argue that your own system is completely safe from penetration but that is nothing more than a delusion as the hackers first take their victims into confidence and proceed to strike when their prey is completely off guard by which time it becomes too late to repent.
Hacking is a word that can send shivers down the spine of even the best cyber experts who are specialists in data science and security measures as even one small mistake can have disastrous consequences and all customers’ data and information will be stolen at the drop of a hat.
Therefore, to be extra cautious, we have some very important points through which your website can be protected from hackers and they are as follows:
- Change your website into https as http has become obsolete and therefore your private data is in danger
- Install a web application firewall so that data transmission becomes much easier
- Upgrade your software at regular intervals from the process library so that hackers are kept at bay
- Install security software like sitelock, especially if the website is a source of income
- Never answer error messages
- Never permit strangers to read your files
- Refrain from uploading too many files in one go
- Always have a security backup
- Install the content security policy to stop cross site scripting
- Never open up dubious links that have money schemes